Crowd Creation: The magic of WIDI is you!
After the launch of the complete range of WIDI products, it is now time to think about the next step for wireless MIDI. After much discussion with the community through all our social channels, we came up with a public list.
Coming up with ideas is one thing, turning them into reality is the real challenge. In fact, the current list includes complex ideas and very niche concepts.
The question you are invited to answer today is: "What is the feasible next step for wireless MIDI over Bluetooth?"
Keep in mind that innovating is a risky business. Especially for a small company like CME. We simply cannot afford to make (too many) mistakes, so our roadmap must consist of small steps. Baby steps even.
As a matter of fact, we need you to make this next step another success. We need your strong opinion to burst our bubble from the start. That's the process we call crowd creation.
And that's why you're invited to join this conversation.
To refresh your memory, WIDI Master has been developed from day 1 in collaboration with the community. The process started at the end of 2019. You can find a timeline here.
At the end of 2021, the Pro Synth Network invited CME for a livestream. It was an open discussion about WIDI and wireless MIDI. If you have the time, check out this discussion with experts, artists and the industry about Bluetooth MIDI.
This is also the place where the first light was shed on the hybrid concept that will be introduced below....
Will the next step in WIDI Bluetooth MIDI be a hybrid solution?
Let's get to the real thing. Based on the above, we had a lot of internal discussions and came up with an early concept. The concept is quite easy to understand....
It's called the WIDI Thru6 BT...
It integrates our latest WIDI Core into a MIDI Thru Box. Manufacturers such as Kenton and MIDI Solutions have been marketing wired solutions for years. Think of the Kenton Thru-5 and the MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru v2.
The big question is "What do you think about the WIDI Thru6 BT?"
Tell us what you think in the comment section of this blog.
- The MIDI Thru interface with advanced WIDI Bluetooth Wireless MIDI technology
- Instantly copy 1 wired MIDI input to 5 wired MIDI outputs and 1 Bluetooth MIDI output at the same time.
- Instantly copy 1 wireless Bluetooth MIDI input to 5 wired MIDI outputs (not the Bluetooth MIDI output).
- The opto-isolated MIDI input and independently powered MIDI output eliminate noise and ensure accurate transmission.
- No choke, no data loss. 100% competent for heavy data flows.
- Support long sysex, MIDI clock, MTC, MPE etc full MIDI messages.